Monday, March 23, 2009

I'd like to thank the academy...



Happy 2 week anniversary to me!!! Happy 2 week anniversary to me!!

6 posts, 9 followers, 1 award ( yep you read it right – yay!) later - I am really liking this whole blog thing!! Down side – I have spent an incredible amount of time on the Internet reading other people’s blogs, thinking about my blog, reading more of other people’s blogs!!! AAhhhhh the insanity of it all !!!!! I am seriously behind on my work, laundry, errands, hygiene ( ya know showering on the weekend) etc… the blogosphere is a very dangerous place.

Before starting my own blog – I only really read one other blog and I loved it so much that it inspired me to start my own. So it wasn’t until after I created my own blog that I started perusing other blogs that I realized what an actual real community blogging is. Even though I have only been doing this for 2 short weeks – you can really feel the love out there in the bloggy world. In a way it has truly made me view my day to day life through a different lens. Instead of just getting through the day – I am pausing and thinking about my day and the little things that usually pass me by. I like it - its refreshing, affirming, and I feel like it has recharged my life.
So thank you all – that have stopped by my blog and cared enough to comment and to also sign up as someone who wants to “follow”. Truly - I love it! It makes me so happy ( I actually do a little happy dance) when I see that there is a new comment or better yet a "follower"! Also, thank you to all you bloggers out there..I love your stories.

NOW I HAVE TO GET BACK TO WORK !!!

Just one more thing…well the whole reason for this post….THANK YOU GINA!!! Gina at http://namastebyday.blogspot.com/ gave me an award! Gina is someone that I just connected with through the blogs and its unreal how much we have in common!!

Now seriously...I need to get back..these reports won't write themselves!!!!!

The Lady Jane

13 comments:

  1. And then there are all those people like me, who follow their blogs using Google Reader or other devices. I never use the Blogger one, nor do half the people I know. So you might have LOTS of lurkers you're not even aware of! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that TEN followers, love! And congrats. I'm glad you're loving the bloggy world ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww....I had no idea that people can use the google reader but that I don't know it!! See I'm learning all the time!! Is there anyway you can see that? Thank you so much Lilu and Vegetable Assassin...I love both your blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People use other RSS feeds too! Set up a sitemeter or statcounter.

    The blogging community is awesome. I have met so many great people this way and really do consider some of them great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being so accomplished in such a short amount of time. It's because you're awesome, seriously.

    I understand what you're going through. I've been blogging a few months now and it's totally not what I expected. The blogging community is interesting and wonderful and it does make you see life in a total different way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah 2 weeks? Is that it?? Well done!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girl, you have GOT to get on google reader. You'll get more addicted but it saves time too. Well, at least that is what I tell myself...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy two weeks! Just did a quick run through and you are indeed quite entertaining. I aspire to have my own dressing room someday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't this soooo true? I never get squat accomplished anymore, but I have a new zest for life! I hear tons of people do the Google Reader thing to save time reading, but I haven't gone that route yet. I kind of like going to each blog separately to visit; it makes it feel more personal somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah yes, blogging is so addictive, isn't it?! But, it's a great community, welcome :) And thanks for stopping over to read my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's really amazing that you are getting so many comments and it's only your second week. Congratulations! I used to have a xanga, but gave that up for a few years and am on month 2 (I think) of being a blogger again.

    You must frequent lots of blogs to have so many followers. I only have read this post, and will definitely check out the rest of your blog. I'm not doubting that I'll be entertained. I added you to my GR (google reader) after just the first paragraph. :) Oh, and a good blog tracker is google analytics. It's free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait for your TMI tomorrow!!! Don't forget to stop by mine and plug your url into Mr. Linky after I post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone!! I set up statcounter and now I have sitemeter..both ...at the same time. Well..I want to make sure they are getting it right!
    DeMo- I will look into Google Analytics! Thanks. And I have frequented the blogs over the last week or so that are on my blogroll.

    SassyBritches- I agree with you. I like visitng people's blogs. I have started to use google reader - but then I find myself going to their blogs anyways. Oh god...now i somehow figured out another way to waste time. AAhhhh...

    ReplyDelete